This game is amazing. I love the storyline,art,characters,everything. but..will the full game be free? cause im broke ..
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
"Is there a true path to happiness?"
Abruptly finding herself at the bottom of a snake pit, an impoverished girl named Linh is bound and helpless for a crime she did not commit. Left to the mercy of the village snake god, a mysterious entity appears before her, offering to save her in exchange for her soul.
Finding herself in a new reality, she is torn between staying with the beautiful temptress, Ai, who had rescued her from death, and the resourceful wanderer, Jinhai, who promises to set her free.
Who is the real savior? Will Linh discover the strength to change her own fate? Journey with Linh as she is forced to question her understanding of life, happiness, and what it means to be human. Each decision matters in this tale about identity, friendship, love and loss.
Mizuchi 白蛇心傳 is inspired by the Legend of the White Serpent, a famous Asian romance story. This yuri version includes other multicultural folklores mixed in.
- Girl x Girl Romance routes
- 5 Endings (including Friendship only)
- 18 Fully-colored CGs (maybe more)
- 10+ Beautiful BGs with variations
- Original Soundtrack
- CG Art, Character, and Music Galleries
- R15 Rating - Mature Content Optional
- Renpy: PC / Mac / Linux
- Language: English
- DRM Free!
Beta Demo: 30 minutes - 1 hour Playthrough. Some music assets missing as they're currently in-production. New title page in the making as well.
Any comments and feedback highly appreciated! ^_^
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thank you! The full game will cost money, my apologies. I will try to hold some raffles and contests that you can try to enter and win that way?
I don't recall if I ever commented on this; however this game is absolutely beautiful and I'm looking forward to the full version.
Alright, I just completed the demo version. Or at least one branch of it. Much better than I expected, especially the artwork (both character art as well as backgrounds).
There is only one question left: Final version, when??
Thank you for playing! Working on the final version... hoping for a late summer release ^_^ Team's working diligently while juggling their other work and family obligations. So we're hoping for slow and steady workflow and get it out on time.
a vietnamese main character??? we STAN
Yes and no ^_^; some bits of cultural reference but not enough to say this is Vietnam or anything persay. I just call it an ancient asia fantasy to make it easier... I do a lot of cultural nods here and there though.
I went to the kickstarter to try to back this amazing project and even registered there but I see no "Back this project" button O.o am I doing something wrong or there was a time limit and I missed it? Anyway, if I can contribute before let me know and if I can't I will be looking forward to buy the game when it releases it! The art, story, characters are amazing, congrats! Thank you for making this really well thought and executed visual novel! <3
Ah my apologies, the demo hasn't been updated after the beta to explain the Kickstarter has been over for about a month now. If you would like, I could probably add you into the backerkit once that is launched. Thank you for the kind words and support! Glad to hear you enjoyed it very much :) we hope to continue to do good work on the rest of the game.
haha no problem XD I was just wondering if I might be doing something wrong haha waaa you sure its ok to add me into de backerkit? I would love it <3 I am super excited to play the full VN! keep up the amazing work ^^
Even without playing the demo, I was immediately on board when I saw the combination of beautiful art, yuri, a monster girl and folklore elements in a single VN.
I also have three quick questions, if I may:
1. What's the estimation for the game's length?
2. Is the Ai's name 愛, as in "love"?
3. The most important one. Will Ai "figure something out" when it comes to having Linh bear her children?
You can't just put that into the story and let me down afterwards! One of the five endings maybe?
Backing up right away and unrealistically hoping we reach the third stretch goal. ^^
However, if possible, you guys should look into ways for people to contribute even after the kickstarter ends.
Thank you! We're glad to hear you had a wonderful first impression of the game :D
1) I was hoping for a minimum of 50K words, but was recommended to aim for 70K if possible. I really don't know because it sorta depends on the characters... I have an outline but they never come out as expected as the characters sorta grow on me and interact in ways I don't always predict. I guess that's how organic I work with this title lol. So my current goal is to write as much as I can but avoid filler if possible ^_^; I'll probably cap at 100K if it miraculously gets there. My style tends to be screenplay mostly so it's a lot harder to go big.
2) Yes you're correct! I've attached a character card that I've had on our studio Twitter and Tumblr.
3) LOL I can't say without spoiling. It "is" and "isn't" as interesting as some people may imagine. It does relate to the lizards I mentioned earlier haha and science. This is my fault for being a biology major at heart.
Thank you again for all the questions! I'll discuss with the team what to do after the KS ends for contributions.
1. Glad to here that. I also think it's better to let the story and characters naturally evolve as you work with them.
2. I had to be blind to not notice that! >.< I read your posts on tumblr and Updates on KS after writing these questions... I should have read them beforehand. ^^"
3. Now you got me intrigued even more. Looking forward to seeing what you've in store, but I'll probably end up doing a bit of research myself, in an attempt to find out what your plans might be. c:
One more question if I may. What is then plan if the KS fails? Is there some failsafe plan for how to fund the creation of the VN even without KS?
Lol good luck with #3 ;)
Honestly I'm not entirely sure... Not that I'm saying I'm super positive we'll make the 8.5K minimum but eh... it's possible. My dev friends that ran KS for their projects say mine looks like it's in decent shape, the lull of 3rd week is pretty rough to watch. We'll have a much better idea next week when everyone is in promotion mode. Worse case scenario, there's always the idea of delaying the game or cutting things out of the game. There will also be no physical goods and most of the digital goods will be nixed.
As a final note, I'm unsure if you ever considered such an option, but if you guys were to work on more titles than this one, I think it'd be worth looking into setting up a Patreon.
It'd make for a more stable source of funds for you, as KS is a swim-or-sink type of deal, and I'm sure you'd get a lot of people in time if you were to dedicate yourself to such venture. There are a lot of small/medium studios creating VNs and they have a pretty decent income from the donators.
Extremely promising game with a unique premise and gorgeous art. Definitely one to keep an eye on!
Thank you always for the kind words ;) Must do our best to make the best lamia wifey for you lol.
Great Art with (as far as i can tell by the demo) complex characters. The setting feels very genuine and it all comes together nicely. Looking forward to this one
Aww thank you! We're glad to hear you enjoy the demo so much :D We'll do our best on the full game!
I know this is Chinese theme game but... The MC outfit look like Ao Dai than Cheongsam, the hat look like Non La, and even MC name sound like Vietnamese name... And there is lotus which is Viet Nam national flower...
I just picked the lotus cause during my Buddhist sunday school, the temple's emblem was a lotus too.
Very good artstyle and interesting start for longer plot. I'm waiting for more
Im just about to download this demo and play! I'm already looking forward to seeing this game